Thursday, November 10, 2005

Nostalgia, Part 3 - Chilling out in M'Lore

After having fun in Manipal, the party continued in Mangalore. Our friend was getting married at "Sangha Niketan". Well, I don't know if he will remember seeing any one of us at the wedding. May be he will have a vague idea like, "My friends were there... I don't remember who all... Ahh... There were so many of them..."!!! No, I am not getting pessimistic here, but that's how I would have reacted if confronted with "Do you remember me?" after all the wishes and blessings that happened during the wedding, on the stage.
Anyways, after the couple was wished/blessed (one of us is supposedly an uncle of the bride groom :)) the junta decided to move out of the hall (it was crowded and hot and humid). And we needed to "chill out". So off we went to Pabba's. The most happening ice-cream parlour in M'lore. Lots of options to choose from. I have not been able to sample all of them, till date!!! Anyways, here is a group pic of all of us...

From left: Harish 'Babz' Babu, Sushil, Vivek Pai, Vinod KS, Vinay 'Chicken' Shenoy and Merlyn Sequeira. Nice goatee, Chinks.

After we had our fill of fun and icecream, we loitered around on the footpath, deciding our next P.O.A. One of the items was bumps to Vinay Shenoy, who could be seen running around cars and trees trying to save his 'ass' (quite literally :). All that fun has been duly captured in a video and is beyond the scope of this travelouge.

With that we decided to have lunch (yeah after having all that dessert), at Kavitha Residency (opp Infy M'lore). Merlyn had decided that she's gonna push off in 15 mins. Before she left, we decided to have a quick snap of ours...

Try and observe the demonic look on Vivek Pai's face... And what's there in his hands? A knife? (Thankfully the table knife...). Going by his intentions, I am glad that I am not sitting next to him!!! Har Har Har.

Food was generally good (except the soup, which was very spicy). We all then went to Vinod K.S.'s flat nearby. Loitered around... watched "Lost" and the Ind-SL match. By 5:00pm, it was about time I said good-bye to them. I do not know when will I get to meet them again. But the time I spent with them was some of the best moments I had.

Thank You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home