Saturday, December 02, 2006

The fun I had when it snowed


Date: 2nd Dec, 2006
Location: Willowbrook/Chicago

It's arrival had been predicted 4 days before. I mean the snow. This was the second snowfall of the season (the first one had been in October). For me, it was the first tryst with snow and i enjoyed it every moment. Now that's a different story that the mucky water that fills the street is a big headache and the ice that forms after snow gets compact poses a major risk of slipping (and breaking one's bones!!!).

The view from my apartment when the first snow fell.


I spent the weekend at my sister's house, and had loads of fun with the kids there. They took me for sledding at the nearby Creek Park. I had never been sledding before and it took some time before I could manage enough guts to venture onto that sled. But when I did, I enjoyed a lot. And that was serious fun.

Here is a memory of the morning.

That's where I spent my weekend. Isn't it great?


The neighbourhood, after the Snow fell. The road seems to be clear.


Kind of nice, and icicle hangs on a branch.


My niece seems all set for sledding.


And so am I. It was cold, real cold. -4 degree centigrade.


Saying her prayers? Or is it just reading the instructions on the sled?


Nice view of the park, wonder how beautiful it would be when it would be green.


Snow covered houses by the park.


Me getting a push from my niece for the slide.


Mission accomplished, I rode the sled finally.


Birdie, ain't it lonely up there?


If I cut the work I have out of equation, by far, this is the best weekend I have ever spent here in Chicago. I am looking forward for some more great days like this. But even as I say this, I wish my folks were here with me, all three of them ;).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it again proves that you have a good eyes. enwaz pics are really awesome...

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the pics bro... Especially the one with the icicle

8:29 PM  
Blogger Vinatha Pai said...

Bravo! The kids would have pushed you down, willing or unwilling! Seems like you had a great time...

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home